Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Shut down the sun

There are stories and rants and unsolicited advice. Photos and jokes and thoughts to share. But everything's on hold until I can patch my heart back together. Right now I just need to get through the next few days.

My little Boo has reached the end. It was a valiant battle. More than a year of being dragged to the vet, poked and prodded, drugs shoved down her throat, going blind, losing weight, hardly being a kitty any more. But she withstood it all and never stopped purring and crabbing and being my special girl.

Our time together was short but sweet. She was robbed of a long life but she was loved for her (almost) 9 years. Especially the last 3 when she was mine. I know it's the right thing to do but it hurts. Hurts like a hot bullet through my chest. Hurts to the core.

We'll say goodbye on Friday. She'll be gone but not forgotten. (God knows I'll find her fur on my clothes till the end of time.) And loved forever.

bookitty2

No comments: